Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

  1. #31
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Best sound aluminum or titanium?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    Yeh, sometimes it is hard to get an un-biased opinion over there.
    Sometimes?

    Pardon me, but I think you are incorrect.

    You NEVER get an unbiased opinion there...it's a JBL "club". JBL is almighty.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #32
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Best sound aluminum or titanium?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    Todd please feel free to edit/delete any of my posts in this thread.

    I started to do it myself then realized, this is honestly how I feel about what happened.

    I do not like playing games and running from group to group spreading comments out of context....

    The moderator cleaned up the thread at Lansing Heritage...and noted he does not entirely disagree with my opinion so the gist of the thread should stand.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    I think WE are biased, too, but we can afford to be - we're RIGHT!

    Seriously, though, the members of this forum are like most Altec fans - even-tempered lovers of high-quality audio reproduction, willing to stand up for what they believe is right, and admit when they're not.

    That said, I've noted the tendency the folks in the JBL side of the house (forums and other venues, as well) to be rather difficult when it comes to certain issues, even when presented with the facts.

    A good example of this is what happened when Altec Lansing's Jerry Hubbard presented his AES Paper on the problems of HF driver distortion - even though he didn't name ANY manufacturer in the paper, the JBL people were quick to go on the defensive.

    Jerry was right, by the way - the 4" diaphragm drivers DO generate harmonics that are so loud they become fundamentals unto themselves, then set up their OWN series of harmonics which then fight for dominance with the original fundamental and it's harmonics. The result is nasty...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  4. #34
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Best sound aluminum or titanium?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    Robert did post on the other forum that he is perfectly happy with his titanium frams...obviously he had a vested interest here....

    Let's see...JBL engineers hear the titanium artifacts...that is why they use aquaplas and still make aluminum frams...I hear them...Robert doesn't...is he right, and JBL engineers, John Meyer, and I all wrong?

    He put a lot of people thru a lot of grief to justify him not hearing what others hear.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    ...obviously he had a vested interest here....

    ...He put a lot of people thru a lot of grief...
    That's exactly what trolls do. From Wiki:

    "Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts ? hence the often-seen warning: 'Please do not feed the trolls'. "

    A quick review of "find all thread started by" (on both forums)... will reveal the recurrent behavior.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  6. #36
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Best sound aluminum or titanium?

    not sure if any of you folks have read harvey fletchers book..'speech and hearing'...its pretty good, the research the folks at bell labs did in trying to accurately reproducing sounds, from syllables and consonants to all forms of musical instruements, from the gas flame to thermophones. i can only imagine the folks back then cringing hearing their s and t's through a titanium driver, its horrible
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.